Vegan Massaman Curry
Massaman Curry Vegetables with a curry sauce that has peanut butter, coconut milk, Thai Malay Spices. Make this in 30 minutes. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe. Easy And Filling
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup sliced onion(red or white)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- ½ piece red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- ½ cup sliced carrots(about 60gr)
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- 2 piece potato cut into cubes
- 1 piece 4-inch long lemongrass stalk
- 1 piece Thai chilli pepper
- 2 tbsp red curry paste or powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ⅛ tsp cloves powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp crushed fennel seeds or use ground star anise
- 3 tbsp Tbsp peanut butter or almond butter (I used mamba spicy peanut butter)
- 1 tsp pink salt
- ½ tsp tamarind
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
In a large pan, add oil and heat at medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
Add ginger, garlic, lemongrass, Thai pepper, 1/4 tsp salt and mix. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
Add the carrots, curry paste or powder, spices and mix and cook for 2 minutes to roast the spices and paste.
Add peanut/almond butter, 1/4 tsp salt, tamarind, coconut milk and water and mix well.
Add remainder of your veggies and cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes until the curry thickens a bit and the veggies are tender-crisp or tender to preference. Taste and adjust salt and spice. Garnish with basil. Serve hot over rice.